No.13 Shinsei-ji

Temple overview

◎ Religious school: Singon sect Chisan school of Shingon Buddhism
◎ Founded: Founded in 1887
◎ Founder: chief priest Honen Narita
◎ Current chief priest: The 4rd abbot, chief priest Horoya Narita
◎ Principal image: Fudo Myoo

Pilgrim's hymn

Harubaru To Tento No Yama No Shinseiji, Nori No Oshie Ni Riyaku Ara Taka


Shinjo-ji Temple is located on a hill overlooking Abashiri City, with a magnificent view of the Shiretoko Mountain Range in front of it on clear days, as well as Hat Rock and Futatu Rock in the sea.
In addition, On both sides of the front of the main hall, you can see large red pine trees from 150 to 200 years old on the mountain road.
As events, the Hatumode on January 1st, the Setsubun on February 3rd, and the Fudo Myoo Festival on July 27th will be held.
Every year, the "Beware of Fire" tag of Fudo Myo, engraved by the founder chief priest Honen is distribute to the parishioners.

miracle-working talk

Once upon a time, there was a very big fire and three tenement houses caught fire, but one of them escaped the fire because they had enshrined a "Fudo Myoo" tag.


  • One minute by cab from JR Abashiri Station.

12-18 Tentozan,
Abashiri-shi, Hokkaido 093-0044

TEL 0152-44-2862