◎ Religious school: Singon sect Chisan school of Shingon Buddhism
◎ Founded: Founded in 1896
◎ Founder: chief priest Shogon Ishikawa
◎ Current chief priest: The 2rd abbot, chief priest Denkyo Fujikawa
◎ Principal image: Fudo Myoo
It was founded in 1897(Meiji 16) by soliciting the spirit of the principal image, Fudo Myo, from Daihonzan Naritasan Shinsho-ji Temple at the request of Hakodate's enthusiastic followers.
After the establishment of the temple, it was conflagration times and the main hall was built five times.
The current main hall was erected in 1999（Heisei 11) by applying as a commemorative project for the 100th anniversary of its founding in 1996（Heisei 8).
The main hall is built in an aging society with slopes and toilets so that barrier-free access can be promoted and wheelchairs can be used for worship.
The current main image and the Four Great Myoo were built in 2006(Heisei 18) as part of the commemorative project for the 110th anniversary of the founding of the temple and the 8th anniversary of the construction of the new main hall, and a grand memorial service for the opening of the eyes of the Buddha was held on July 23.
- 500m from Hakodate Station, 10-minute walk.
- 500m from Hakodate Station, 10 min. walk. 3 min. walk from Shofu-machi Tram Stop.
- 3-minute walk from the vermilion gate.
- 15 minutes by cab from Hakodate Airport.
Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0035